Epo-chem RB 500
Two pack epoxy system comprising base resin and hardener.
Epo-chem™ RB 500 is a solvent-free epoxy coating, which can be supplied with or without glassflake, specifically suitable for wine and beer tank applications.
RB 500 applied on a beer tank
- Solvent-free (low odour)
- Provides a tough impermeable barrier suitable for steel and concrete surfaces
- Excellent resistance to corrosion and abrasion
- Ideally suitable for vessel and tank linings; more specifically wine and beer tanks
- Can be glassflake reinforced for added protection
- FDA approved for food contact application (especially suitable for wine and beer tanks)
- Excellent smooth, high gloss finish providing good decontamination properties
- If exposed to UV light, this product is not colour stable
Below are the relevant documents relating to RB 500. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
|Flyer - Solvent-free Epoxy and Novolac Epoxy Tank & Pipe Linings|
|Report - Tank Linings|
Below are the relevant certificates relating to to RB 500.
|FDA Approval – Alcoholic Beverage – RB 500|
RB 500's Properties
|Primary duties||Tank lining for wine and beer|
|Primary characteristics||Solvent-free, FDA approved|
|Maximum immersed temperature||°C|
|Maximum non-immersed temperature||°C|
|Minimum time to touch dry||12 hrs|
|Typical dry film thickness (dft) per coat||250-750µ|
|Colour range available||Limited range of colours is available|
RB 500's Case Histories
The table below shows the 5 most recent case histories for this product. You can view the entire case history for this product by clicking here.
|Company||Location||Job Description||Industry||Date of Job|
|Specialist Coatings (GB)||Ninfield, UK||Brewery Tank Lining||Industrial||04/2018|
|Specialist Coatings (GB)||Ninfield, UK||Brewery Tank Lining||Industrial||03/2018|
|Coatings International Africa||Durban, South Africa||Alcoholic Beverage Tank Lining||Industrial||01/2017|
|CSC Australia||Australia||Alcoholic Beverage Tank Lining||Industrial||09/2016|
|Specialist Coatings (GB)||Ninfield, UK||Alcoholic Beverage Tank Lining||Industrial||09/2016|