Epo-chem RE 500P
Unique two pack, solvent-free epoxy Novolac primer.
Epo-chem™ RE 500P is suitable for a wide range of applications, such as confined spaces, flooring, tank and pipe linings. Due to its rust tolerant properties, it can be effectively applied to water-jetted surfaces. It is also a very effective rust tolerant primer for chemical tankers when Epo-chem™ RW 500 is used as a Novolac glassflake topcoat. This lining system offers excellent resistance to high temperatures and highly aggressive chemicals such as ethanol and caustic soda.
Epo-chem™ RE 500P - applied on a rusty surface
- Solvent-free (odourless)
- High temperature epoxy Novolac primer with exceptional surface tolerant (rust) properties
- Outstanding adhesion to less prepared substrates, ideal for application in confined spaces, tanks, pipes, floors and structures
- Flexibility with surface preparation method - any method can be utilised (abrasive blast, water blast or mechanical)
- Exceptional chemical tanker corrosion protection system when overcoated with Epo-chem™ RW 500 to produce a solvent-free tank lining system for carrying highly aggressive chemicals
- Used as a stripe coat to repair and protect high corrosion areas, i.e. welds and sharp edges
- Innovative single coat maintenance system
- Reduces the risk of (MIC) Microbiological Induced Corrosion and SRB (Sulphate Reducing Bacteria) as it does not contain the nutrients contained in solvent-based coatings
- Zero VOC
- Recommended to be used as a primer for Epo-chem™ RW 500 Novolac glassflake topcoat or RU 500 Ceramic system
Below are the relevant documents relating to RE 500P. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
|Flyer - Chemical Tank Lining Systems|
|Flyer - Chemical Tank Maintenance and Repair System|
|Flyer - Novolac Epoxy Chemical Tank Lining System|
|Report - Ceramic Systems|
|Report - Chemical Tank Lining Systems|
|Report - Tank Linings|
RE 500P's Properties
|Primary duties||Epoxy Primer System|
|Primary characteristics||Epoxy Novolac Primer|
|Maximum immersed temperature|
|Maximum non-immersed temperature||150°C|
|Minimum time to touch dry||8 hrs|
|Maximum overcoat time||24 hrs|
|Typical dry film thickness (dft) per coat||50 - 250μ|
|Colour range available||Limited range of colours is available|
|Maximum substrate temperature|
RE 500P's Case Histories
The table below shows the 5 most recent case histories for this product. You can view the entire case history for this product by clicking here.
|Company||Location||Job Description||Industry||Date of Job|
|Thenamaris Ships Management||Seaduty||Chemical Tank Lining Repair||Marine||12/2017|
|Key Breeze||Chemical Tank Lining||Marine||11/2017|
|Athenian Sea Carriers||Athenian Success||Cargo Tank Lining||Marine||10/2017|
|Reederei Nord||Nordport||Chemical Tank Lining||Marine||10/2017|
|MIPC bvba||Belgium||Structural Repair||Industrial||09/2017|
RE 500P's Related Case Studies
The table below shows the most recent case studies for this product.
|Company/Industry||Location||Date of Job|
|Waste Oil Tank Refurbishment - Cruise Ship||At Sea||10-2016|
|Chemical Tank Refurbishment - Key Bora (Solvent-free Novolac Epoxy)||Poland||04-2016|
|Chemical Tank Refurbishment - Chemical Carrier||Singapore||03-2014|
|Chemical Tank Refurbishment - Intrepid Canada||Intrepid Canada Chemical Carrier||01-2014|
|Hot Well Tank - Kenross Containers||Rossendale, UK||12-2013|
RE 500P's Related Photo Galleries
Click any of the gallery links to start browsing the photo gallery.
RE 500P's Related Videos
The table below shows the most recent videos for this product.
|Ceramic Repair Projects|